Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2237 The beloved Rosette Nebula

graemlourens

Hi everybody.

Data from End 2016 / Beginning 2017, i couldn't let that rest unprocessed until 2019! Had to be done.

I on purpose tried to keep it calm and not over-do the saturation, even if i'm still very unsure about the strength of the red.

It's in total approx 18h exposure over multiple months. Classic Bi-Color but still added the RGB star color as it just felt right in this case. (And yes, i have bad blue / purple squint on the stars due to inferior equipment, i got used to it instead of fighting it too much...)

Hope you like it!

NGC2237.thumb.jpg.40913a76633ce3e0a2c943f1d625c847.jpg

Further details about equipment and exposures here: https://graemlourens.com/image/ngc2237-rosette-nebula/

Kind regards, Graem

15 hours ago, Filroden said:

Well worth the wait. Some lovely detail to enjoy!

Thx Ken!

14 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

That is a great image, well done.. and your observatory is something else... it looks like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise!

Dave

Thank you Dave. That observatory took every last bit of patience and energy out of me for the first 1-2 years, but now that its up and running, and i know the quirks of the system, its a joy and makes all the images possible.

Kind regards, Graem

On 25/12/2018 at 18:07, ollypenrice said:

Really fine image. You get the NB delicacy with close to natural colour and the RGB stars make all the difference. I do like this one a great deal.

Olly

Thank you very much Olly! I really was trying to get it as natural as possible, nice to see that i've not gone too far off.

This is also due to your help in May 2017, it took me a while to experiment with all the different possibilities of getting the most efficient and pleasant to work route (not sure if you remember you helped me on this one!)
I wasn't too happy with it then, so let it rest for a year or so to brew along :)

Archived