Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion 12/21/18 2000 - 2040 Los Angeles

A few images I was able to take with my iPhone through Dobsonian… Quick question though? Is it light pollution why my Orion looks white? I always see pictures with a red or a pink tint to it... But mines always white.. is it due to the light pollution? or am I suppose to view this object through a red filter?  ? 

IMG-2658.JPG

IMG-2659.JPG

IMG-2649.JPG

IMG-2650.JPG

IMG-2651.JPG

IMG-2653.JPG

IMG-2654.jpg

IMG-2655.jpg

IMG-2656.jpg

IMG-2657.jpg

You have only captured this little bit here because of the amount of exposure time you have gotten.

Orion-Nebula-rawastrodata-CC-BY-SA3.0-circled.jpg.433dbd1c3efa611a39a30af945a3619f.jpg

That is the brightest bit and is only white.

Don't worry there is nothing wrong it's just that you didn't have much exposure time and only got the trapezium. Great images for a phone camera though.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 07:59, SacRiker said:

Those shots look almost exactly the same as the shots I got last night from up in Northern California. I'm anxious to get some planetary shots now that I have the camera adapter. 

I bet you will get better luck than I do in NorCal... Unless you are deep in the city.. But still might be better then the LA area.. lol xD 

Archived