Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

another 'newb' needing advice....:)

just thought i would update this for anyone interested. after much himming and haaing my mind was all but set on the Sky-Watcher SkyMax-127 AZ GTi until a 2nd hand Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO popped up - managed to bag that for £225 - decent price i think (assuming the scope is in the advertised condition) 

All being well should arrive Saturday!

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

nothing like be late to the party.........first, my apologies for what turned out to be a post and run thread, where has the nearly 3 years gone!!

got the telescope i mentioned above and got as far as setting it up once (maybe twice) and having a play but then 'life' got in the way.......a house move and several lockdowns later and i've finally had a chance to have a proper play with the scope over the past couple of weeks. 

i've looked at the moon in all it's glory (the terrible pic in my profile is all my own - and i'm damned proud of it lol) and stared with wonder at recently jupiter (i actually felt a tad emotional when i finally got jupiter focused to the point i could see the colour bands!)

so i'm back again, for good this time and will no doubt have many more questions going forward :)

another big big thank to all those who originally posted and helped nudge me down the correct path - my wife does not thank any of you though as the utility room is now my scope storage room 😂  

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 03:47, thekwango said:

just thought i would update this for anyone interested. after much himming and haaing my mind was all but set on the Sky-Watcher SkyMax-127 AZ GTi until a 2nd hand Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO popped up - managed to bag that for £225 - decent price i think (assuming the scope is in the advertised condition) 

All being well should arrive Saturday!

Looking back to pre-Covid and pre-inflation used prices, that's an awesome deal for that scope/mount combo. :thumbsup:

Glad you're able to start using it again.