Narrowband

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2019

Freff

On 03/03/2019 at 10:36, tich said:

Hi folks

Sadly I won't be able to make it this time as I will be in Hospital on Friday having a biopsy done, something I'm really not looking forward to. Plus a very good astro friend of mine passed away recently & the funeral is on Tuesday so not been having much of a good time lately.

Sorry folks ☹️

Hope things get better for you soon Tich.

You will be missed.......and where do we get are Burgers and Chips from now?????? ?

• Haha 1

Well yesterdays service went very well there were a few tears & some laughs too which he would have loved, Richard is the guy I used to do a lot of outreach with so when he got sick I did continue doing some events I even did one with Tim last August too. I visited him when I could & we'd often chat for hours. The first time I met him he were wearing a Hawaiian shirt & throughout the time I knew him he always wore one so at the funeral everyone there was wearing one so it were very colourful
. 01.jpg.d6bd06c554707772b6e49c25f6b2a567.jpg

02.jpg.0f5fe25a6f49f1c3bf0c735a88047321.jpg

03.jpg.1d25b8ae9d6ec56e55b12307a0ff937f.jpg

There were a lot more folk who went to the service but never came to the pub afterwards.

Just Friday & the biopsy to get out of the way now ?

Missing seeing you all at Pencelli this year, just think this time last year we were threatened with snow!!

The stars are out with clear skies at present.

The winds are quite blusterly, so I'm observing from under caravans canopy hoping it doesn't become airborne. 

Weather should be getting better over the next few days.

sorry guys im going to have to pull out,  its a long drive for the weather thats forecast so im heading North to where there are clear sky's foretasted and maybe some aurora  . wish you all well and hopefully next time i can be there. 

2 hours ago, bats said:

I've got a nice 12 year old single malt to try Tony :)

Just reminded me, and I've dusted off a bottle of Jura purchased back in 2011 that we may need a volunteer or two to try.  :wink:

• Like 1

So much for getting there for 17:30!!!! Just leaving now. Will be getting there late. Spoken to reception and normal star party protocol will be observed.....(in the unlikely event of stars)

Paul

Just back from an enjoyable time at the swag astro party.

As always I was made very welcome and caught up with some friends.

We enjoyed touring the skies with my little 127mak. We looked at doubles for Nick and then a few galaxies including NGC 2903 and NGC 4565.

Today I walked up to the Brecons. It was further than I expected but the views, the skylarks and birds of prey were amazing.

IMG_20190309_125324.thumb.jpg.a96d811f3b8493a408e94c3269b72f48.jpg

Thank you Freff for organising it.

Mark (the galaxy hunter)....and sometimes other stuff.

Mark

Edited by mdstuart
  • Like 1

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Mark, sorry the weather was not more clement.

It's always good to see you at Pencelli, hopefully next year will be better.

Great image, it looks like Bryn Teg.

Tony