Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will I be able to use star adventurer equatorial wedge without the star adventurer?

Will I be able to use star adventurer equatorial wedge without the star adventurer? I want to do wide angle milky way photography with my dslr but the maximum shutter speed(without star trailing) is 7 seconds. Will I be able to improve the shutter speed using only the equatorial wedge? 

skywatcher_star_adventurer_wedge_green_1.jpg

You're thinking it might be stiffer than a ball head camera mount? This would depend on the camera mount, I guess. The wedge is not designed for this purpose and would be slow to use for different altitudes. I'd just go for a decent camera tripod.

Olly

3 hours ago, Astro_Pingu said:

Will I be able to use star adventurer equatorial wedge without the star adventurer? I want to do wide angle milky way photography with my dslr but the maximum shutter speed(without star trailing) is 7 seconds. Will I be able to improve the shutter speed using only the equatorial wedge? 

Unfortunately you can't have a motorised tracking mount without a motor....

Louise

Archived