Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Hi everyone

This looks interesting for Sunday evening. Unfortunately the Moon is gonna be rather bright. Worth a go maybe?

1834585693_Screenshotfrom2018-12-2011-32-06.thumb.png.f6ff27ed029f327ccf94e2358df51af1.png

• Like 1

Just overlapping I think according to our visual perception, really the objects will be miles apart...

I'bve had a play with stellarium.

16 January it will be close to the 'Helix Galaxy', within a magnitude or so of the same brightness so could look good.

11 Feb it will be next to one of the stars in Ursa Major. Getting faint by this stage.

I got it in frame with Capella on Monday with an 85mm lens. It is now too tight for 85mm I think.

It was pretty misty and the Moon was 98% full., took 110 frames but still (trying) processing them.

Edited by happy-kat
  • Like 2