SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello All

Datadave

New member here

Just received a 130mm Celestron Newtonian Reflector - with the NexStar SLT system I know nothing about.

I do hope to get the chance to poke around a bit on SGL from time to time and learn from you experts -

I do have a lot to learn about telescopes and astronomy.

Dave

Scope.jpg.6b04861dc7d8df08e62c1284473e04b7.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Telescope Dave, Welcome to Astronomy and SGL...Quite a few members here having experience with that setup so your in the right place.

Best of Luck in all Regards...

Freddie ?

Thanks for the welcome Peter and Freddie.  I just got the telescope for Christmas. - A little early I know but the wife and I -

decided to exchange gifts early this year so we could spend more time with the family.

Dave

2 minutes ago, Datadave said:

Thanks for the welcome Peter and Freddie.  I just got the telescope for Christmas. - A little early I know but the wife and I -

decided to exchange gifts early this year so we could spend more time with the family.

Dave

Good going Dave a little more time with the new telescope Isent bad either ? Best Wishes this Holiday Season...

On 20/12/2018 at 04:00, bottletopburly said:

The joy of living in Florida being able to observe in your shorts in December ??

Hey Bottletop  -  It is nice in Florida but tell you the truth when that photo was taken I was freezing my shorts off -

It was like 50ºF and dropping, with a NW wind blowing. A quick look at the Moon and back inside I went.

It has been raining ever since ?️

3 hours ago, Datadave said:

Hey Bottletop  -  It is nice in Florida but tell you the truth when that photo was taken I was freezing my shorts off -

It was like 50ºF and dropping, with a NW wind blowing. A quick look at the Moon and back inside I went.

It has been raining ever since ?️

Yes cloudy here too in the uk ,praying for a cold blast from the north 

Hello Dave and welcome to SGL, i spent the holidays with family in Orlando last Christmas and, it was strange being December 25 and we were all walking around in 30C weather lol. You've come to the right place, nothing but friendly help here.

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Hello Dave and welcome to SGL, i spent the holidays with family in Orlando last Christmas and, it was strange being December 25 and we were all walking around in 30C weather lol. You've come to the right place, nothing but friendly help here.

Thanks for the welcome Sunshine. We have had a few 30ºC Christmases in the past.

This years Forecast is (Partly Cloudy & Low of 6ºC and a High Around 19ºC 

Just right for me!

Dave

Archived