SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Best autofocus software?

MartinB

21 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Interested in how you made it work.

download 2 different versions of the driver - they have different names (one has #2 at the end). Select them as Focuser 1 and Focuser 2 as you wish in Maxim. See screenshot of Lakeside website showing the 2nd driver link.

HTH and CS, Andy

Lakeside dual focuser driver.JPG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, fireballxl5 said:

See screenshot of Lakeside website showing the 2nd driver link.

Although it looks like both drivers are included in the v2.0.x.x download - it's some time since I set this up?

and from the v2 manual...

"If you wish to run two focusers from programs such as MaxIm DL V5 or independently from the
chooser then you should install the second driver by running ‘LakesideAstro2(2.0.0.x)setup.exe’
which is also included on the CD."

Just now, fireballxl5 said:

Although it looks like both drivers are included in the v2.0.x.x download - it's some time since I set this up?

Yes downloaded 2 drivers entered one driver in the settings as focuser 1 and the other as focuser 2 but couldn't get Maxim to use both of them so the focus control just moved the same focuser regardless.

Dave

49 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

couldn't get Maxim to use both of them so the focus control just moved the same focuser regardless.

That seems odd then. Mine are both definitely controlled as two separate focusers. Is it something like the drivers are pointing to the same serial port?

1 hour ago, fireballxl5 said:

That seems odd then. Mine are both definitely controlled as two separate focusers. Is it something like the drivers are pointing to the same serial port?

They're on COM 5 AND 6 as I recall,  I enquired on the Cyanogen forum and they couldn't see why it was a problem.

Decided I was wasting too much imaging time so reverted to manual focusing using Lakeside Utilities.

Dave

Archived