Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mesu 200 First Light - The Pleiades

Laurin Dave

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Lots of issues keep popping up. Microlensing, internal reflections, amp glow...  One of our robotic team has recently posted a Horsehead, for instance, with the expensive full frame QHY OSC CMOS and has curious blue fringes around the Flame Nebula. Bright stars seem to bloat easily as well. I'm happy to be convinced but I'm not yet persuaded...

Olly

Ive used a couple of CMOS camera's the ASI 1600MM Cool and ASI 183. Of what you mention, the amp glow is more prominent than CCD's, but it easily subtracts out, even with darks several months old. I haven't seen the other issues, is that related to the QHY?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ollypenrice said:

Mono!

? 

I had a selfish reason for asking as i had been considering a few different options as an upgrade to my 071 and the reflection issues continued to pop up on researching cmos options. Would you have any idea if the osc Atik 16200 be a good match with my Epsilon 130.

Sorry Dave for the hijack.

15 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

? 

I had a selfish reason for asking as i had been considering a few different options as an upgrade to my 071 and the reflection issues continued to pop up on researching cmos options. Would you have any idea if the osc Atik 16200 be a good match with my Epsilon 130.

Sorry Dave for the hijack.

No worries Richard..  interesting stuff coming out..   the Atik forum gallery has some 16200 images with an Epsilon 160, probably worth a look

Dave

Archived