Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power plug for 2018 AZ EQ5-GT

I have acquired one of these and need to make up a spare power lead. Does anyone know where I can buy the two pole locking connector?  I just need the connector, as I use XLR connections for power distribution in my system.

33 minutes ago, buzz said:

I have acquired one of these and need to make up a spare power lead. Does anyone know where I can buy the two pole locking connector?  I just need the connector, as I use XLR connections for power distribution in my system.

Maplin used to sell them but have now closed down, RS components probably do them.

Dave

They are 2-pin GX12 series connectors. The main retail outlets, RS, CPC, Farnell etc. don't stock them, but there are plenty on ebay etc. It's cheapest direct from Hong Kong/China like these but you can buy single ones from UK re-sellers at a mark-up if you wish. They are normally sold as a free plug/chassis socket pair. 

They are described as aviation connectors and are also used in amateur radio, but beware of a similar GX16 series which look identical but are larger and won't fit the mount. 

Alan

Archived