SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pegasus focuscube

Hi, I've gone and bought a Pegasus Focuscube for my Baader Diamond Steeltrack, mainly because Baader have been rather slow in their development of their steeldrive system and Pegasus have had very good revues. However.....I've got it on a Skywatcher 200p Newtonian. Now maybe I missed something but I couldn't find anything on the Pegasus site to say that the Focuscube isn't compatible with Newtonian scopes, in fact it has a "universal" bracket which allows it to fit just fine, but.... the temperature socket ends up flush against the side of the scope. Again, I ask, have I missed something? To be honest I don't really think that the temp. probe would be completely necessary if I go for a focus check every 30 minutes or so it's just a bit of a bummer not to know (or realise!!) beforehand. Has anyone else done this, I won't laugh, honest.

Sympathetic comments will help,

Kind regards,

Phil

I've got a couple of these on my SCT &Apo. I was under the impression that they were for SCT's and refractors only.

The guys at Pegasus are extremely helpful, so just use email or their online chat to check with them directly.

Neil

The guys from Pegasus are great. Lateral thinking, I turned the Baader focuser 90 degrees. Sorted. Actually it was a bit of a Homer Simpson "Doh" moment.

Just hope this helps anybody else scratching their head.

P.

Here's how I fixed mine to the 150PDS. You have to turn the tube in its rings, until everything lines up. Then use the cone error adjustment screws on the divetail bar to line up the optics with the mount.

IMG_20181126_234236.thumb.jpg.2b87bb0a87afc0a5fdd6afeb63c2b65d.jpg

Thanks Wim, I did actually try it that way but the focuser is a tiny bit nearer to the scope and I couldn't lower the focuscube any more. I did think about raising the focuser by making up a spacer between the focuser and the base plate but turning it 90 degrees turned out to be a little easier. Interesting though, even deeper lateral thinking.

Kind regards,

Phil

Archived