Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cant get star alignment to work in Pixinsight

I have Ha and LRGB data of the Horsehead.  The RGB I used Bin2 for and the orientation of the Ha is way off between the LRGB but I thought Pixinsight would handle it!  For some reason I cannot align my RGB Bin2 data against either the original Ha data or the L data that I registered against the H data.  It seems to not like to register the Bin2 data - any ideas?

Hi Blinky

It sounds like you have stretched the stacks to produce a non-linear LRGB and Ha - is that correct?

You can use Dynamic Alignment which enables you to manually select common stars in the FOVs for each image as an alternative to Star Alignment.  Perhaps you could also explain in more detail what you are doing step-by-step so we can help.

HTH

If you rotate the B image them mirror it horizontally it aligns to the L nae bother. You have to give Pixinsight an outside chance!

Attached are your files rotated and mirrored and also the resultant registered image.

Hope that helps.

ps - just seen Harry's post saying the same thing!

B33_0002120sB_registered.fit

B33--0002120sB.fit

B33Lum-Crop.xisf

Archived