SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars With a 1-Meter Scope

cshahar

Hi Everyone:

I had two tries at Mars and Uranus using the 1-Meter Chilescope on November 27th and 28th. Sorry to post so late. I am new to planetary imaging, having focused on solar imaging for several years before. Here are the results for Mars, my first ever crack at the planet. At 9.5" in diameter and seeing about 3.5/5 this was the best I could do. I started taking these images about 5 minutes after sunset.

Thanks!

-Charles

Filter Breakdown.jpg

Mars-Animation-45-Minute-Rotation.gif

Final Color Three Scales.jpg

Thankfully, the scope I am using is far enough south to afford me opportunities till the end of the year, although seeing has been problematic there. Its great to hear from you again Dave. We haven't spoken in a while. Had to sell my solar stuff because I bought a house last year, I decided that instead of spending money on expensive equipment, like an Ha solar filter, I was going to rent a scope instead!

-Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete. Nice to speak to you again. It is $200 an hour, with small scale discounts as your spending accumulates. Certainly not a cheap proposition. There is no waiting list. It is first come first served...

-Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Archived