Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any Fuji shooters?

jimmyjamjoejoe

I shoot with an X-t1. I have a couple native lenses, and just got a fuji-M42 adaptor.

I'm hoping to get a Zenithstar 61 in the near future, but i'm unsure of how to attach the camera. I can't find a Fuji-M48 adaptor ANYWHERE. The next logical option would be to buy a Fuji-canon adaptor and the canon-m48 adaptor from William optics. However, i'm unsure if the spacing would work out right between the flattener and sensor - surely the Fuji-canon adaptor would leave the flange where it needs to be, so for all intents and purposes the sensor will be the right distance from any mounted gear intended for canon, but i'm just not sure if they're manufactured to the tolerances demanded by a field flattener (some m42 adaptors don't allow infinity focus etc). 

Does anyone else here shoot fuji on a zenithstar? If so, how did you do it?

If you already have fuji-M42 (T2 adapter to fuji) and your scope accepts 2" accessories, probably easiest way of adopting would be T2 - 2" adapter, or T2 - M48 adapter (if there is 2" thread on focuser or flattener).

You can regulate proper spacing to flattener with T2 extension rings. Just make sure there is enough optical path - check flange distance for Fuji and required backspace of flattener.

• 2 months later...
On 13/12/2018 at 13:14, jimmyjamjoejoe said:

I shoot with an X-t1. I have a couple native lenses, and just got a fuji-M42 adaptor.

I'm hoping to get a Zenithstar 61 in the near future, but i'm unsure of how to attach the camera. I can't find a Fuji-M48 adaptor ANYWHERE. The next logical option would be to buy a Fuji-canon adaptor and the canon-m48 adaptor from William optics. However, i'm unsure if the spacing would work out right between the flattener and sensor - surely the Fuji-canon adaptor would leave the flange where it needs to be, so for all intents and purposes the sensor will be the right distance from any mounted gear intended for canon, but i'm just not sure if they're manufactured to the tolerances demanded by a field flattener (some m42 adaptors don't allow infinity focus etc). 

Does anyone else here shoot fuji on a zenithstar? If so, how did you do it?

Hey Jimmy, 

I hope I'm not too late, but for what it's worth: I have a Fuji camera and a Zenithstar 61, and  I use the M48 > Canon adapter, then a Canon > Fuji adapter (K&F Koncept), and everything is fine :)  

I'm doing astro since 2-3 years with my Fuji, and it's really difficult to find compatible products, indeed. But the advantage of mirrorless cameras, is that with a 10€ adapter, they can become compatible with barely any lens mount ever made. Since Canon is probably the most present mount in the astro world, I chose to buy all my adapters/accessories in Canon mount.

Pierre

Archived