Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bodes Galaxy 15hr Lum

Mr_42tr0nomy

Greetings!

I received my CEM60 this week and so far it has been a dream. This is its first light! Housed on top is an AT8RC (1625MM FL) with an ATIK 414ex. The small but sensitive sensor of the 414 provides a great field of view when it comes to galaxies. I am very impressed with this mount so far as well as the scope. RGB image coming soon!

1521715136_m818rclumstack2jpg.thumb.jpg.90228218a38adfc6a8a79d28485ef323.jpg

Bodes Galaxy:

AT8rc, Atik 414ec, CEM60, Astrodon Lum gen II, QHY5L-ii, QHY OAG

60x900s subs @ .82"/pixel

Seeing: Terrible lol (Elevation 8,900 ft in the Rockies)

That is beautiful - the detail in the core caught my eye immediately - superb.

I see in  your notes you shot this in the Rockies - must be getting cold up around 8,000 feet!

I was stationed at Lowry AFB back in 83 and so wish I had the time to get up into the mountains at night to see those stars!

Excellent work

David

4 minutes ago, David_L said:

That is beautiful - the detail in the core caught my eye immediately - superb.

I see in  your notes you shot this in the Rockies - must be getting cold up around 8,000 feet!

I was stationed at Lowry AFB back in 83 and so wish I had the time to get up into the mountains at night to see those stars!

Excellent work

David

Thank you very much, David! It has been a bit chilly around 20 at night on average. Luckily I setup my gear 10 feet from our back door so a couple brief breaks from the cold inside helps :) Come January or February, its easily in the single digits. At least my CCD will enjoy that. The stars are beautiful here for sure but the surrounding area is becoming more populated. Not sure how much longer these night skies will last.

Best Regards

8 minutes ago, groberts said:

Fabulous, my WO GT81 is only able to provide an 'overview' of this object + the nearby Cigar galaxy. The detail obtained here is wonderful. looking forwards to the finished article. 

Graham

I would enjoy grabbing this with my 65mm as well. With our FOV, we may get some nice IFN data is skies are dark enough!

Love this. Am so used to seeing this at a much smaller scale, so it's amazing to see it close up like this, with all that lovely detail showing.

What's up with the double diffraction spikes though?

9 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Love this. Am so used to seeing this at a much smaller scale, so it's amazing to see it close up like this, with all that lovely detail showing.

What's up with the double diffraction spikes though?

There are actually two stars very close together there.. my seeing conditions are horrendous so they kind of just blended together lol

Awesome pic of one of my favorite objects...how do you control the core so well at 900s subs? I usually have to take a few short subs for the core and mix it in DSS, or overlay short and long subs it in PS w/ a rveal selection mask. - Andy -

2 hours ago, AstroAndy said:

Awesome pic of one of my favorite objects...how do you control the core so well at 900s subs? I usually have to take a few short subs for the core and mix it in DSS, or overlay short and long subs it in PS w/ a rveal selection mask. - Andy -

Hey Andy! At f/8 I had No issues at all with the core surprisingly. I did take 180s subs in preparation but never had to use em :)

On 13/12/2018 at 22:32, Mr_42tr0nomy said:

Hey Andy! At f/8 I had No issues at all with the core surprisingly. I did take 180s subs in preparation but never had to use em :)

Ah, I see, didn't consider that..top notch image. :) Still working on my modest M81, between clouds, Moon and job it's been a few months, next year I'll have it. ?

Archived