Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Despite the murk, 46P was actually naked eye (with a hint of averted vision) tonight.  Here it is headed into Taurus: brightest close star is t Tau.  I'll be out on 16th for the close pass to the Pleiades.

121218_46P_45s_105mm (1).jpg

• Like 15

Nice image, the photo/visual on that conjunction with Pleiades will be a sight to behold for sure. Best of Luck ? 

The scope is out and ready but the sky is not! Hope it will be clearer tomorrow night, before the next period of rain, or at least we hope!!!!

Thanks for posting your image, lovely colours. I was fortunate last night to view and compare the comet through 10 x 50 binoculars and my 81mm Vixen binoculars at x48. I think I may have seen the comet more when it was between the two Mag 3 stars in the photo and I'm really pleased to see that the two brighter stars are a different hue, they certainly looked that way in the bino's!

Hope the weather allows a another composition later this week.

Thanks once again for posting,
Steve

Edited by SteveNickolls

Good photo, could not locate it yesterday evening visually in 80mm apo with a LPR filter but  picked it up with my  8 x 50 binoculars quite easily however sky appeared very washed out in the general direction for some strange reason.  Might have a  go this evening if its clear and more importantly if the "muse is upon me". Again good capture.

Great photo. I've yet to see 46P due to cloudy weather but it's supposed to be clear tonight. Fingers crossed.

Just as I saw it in the 10x42s last night (albeit not quite as extended or bright!).

Nice result.

I have a few to stack ( when I get round to it) at about the same time and don't think it will be as good as your image.