Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

HarisAyd

digital binoculars

I just wanted to ask y'all about the digital binoculars, my mate has one and it looks like i need one as well. The one he has is very expensive but im looking for something cheap to start off with. Something from about 100-200 bux, i was looking through some sites and found these
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HD-Digital-Binoculars-Telescope-12x32-Folding-with-Built-in-Digital-Camera-DV/163251640671?epid=27018286369&hash=item26028e595f:g:3poAAOSw83dblzhN:rk:3:pf:0
https://www.amazon.com.au/Digital-Camera-Binoculars-Recorder-Camcorder/dp/B01N5LW543/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1544653243&sr=8-7&keywords=digital+binoculars
but then i found a site with a nice digital binocular which looks alright but I want to ask you guys if i should buy this one,
https://www.gadgetcity.com.au/digital-telescope-binoculars-camera-2"-screen-1.3mp-p-3262.html

Hi and welcome to SGL.

I don't have any experience of digital binoculars, but with normal binoculars I think 32mm is a bit small for astro, especially with 12x magnification. Responses from those who have used digital bins may be different.

What’s the benefit of digital? Handheld upto 7-8x is best, harder to keep still with higher powers. The exit pupil (objective diameter / magnification) is quite small on this, for 12x you’d normally b lenwanting >60mm for Astro.

for birding I use a wide angle 8x30, which gives great immersive views. For taking videonor pictures of things a way off you can’t do far wrong with a “bridge” camera, eg Nikon p900 which have crazy zooms on and with image stabilisation take some pretty good images.

PEter

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BinocularSky
      The July edition of the Binocular Sky Newsletter is ready. Astronomical darkness returns to the southern part of the UK this month, and we have:
      * Yet another "promising" comet
      * Asteroid Ceres
      * Neptune and Uranus return
      I hope this helps you to fill your evenings (actually, more likely pre-dawn mornings!) enjoyably.
      To pick up your free copy, just head over to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab, where you can subscribe (also free, of course) to have it emailed each month, and get archived copies.

• By Dannomiss
      So after ordering the skywalker heritage telescope (awaiting 3 weeks for delivery), I decided after reading through a lot of posts on here to also purchase some binoculars so I can start getting used to the sky and what to look for. (Althought its now cloudy for the next 2 weeks. Typical!

Anyway, at first I ordered the Praktica 7x50 Falcon Porro Prism Binoculars which cost £27. I was advised that the 7 x 50 would be the best for my needs because of the wide view. However I decided in the end to purchase the Olympus 10x50 DPS I Binoculars which cost £59.99. I am not sure I ahve made the right decision, but I made the decision on the basis of my eyesight and that even with glasses I have certain eye issues and thought the extra magnification would help. Even though I udnerstand the lense shake and stability hence the original 7 x 50 choice.

The Olympus also had a lot more reviews and positive feedback. Well they arrive tomorrow so I will feedback on what i think. 🙂

What do others have and recommend? And have a I made the right choice?

• By thehappypleiades
      Hi, newbie here! I’m hoping to get some advice on some star-gazing binoculars. I’ve read through the forum and I’ve decided to stay away from zoom bino’s because I’m just starting out, and I will eventually look into telescopes and whatnot if I wish to see the skies in more detail! 

So I’ve pretty much settled on something between 8 x 42 and 10 x 50. Please let me know the best ones in this range!!! 
      I’ve read some reviews on the Helios Lightquest HR 10x50’s so any advice on those would be great too! I’m open to suggestions but what I’m really hoping to get is a sturdy pair of first binoculars that I can keep around for the long run, and hopefully drag around on many adventures. I’m willing to invest in a tripod as well for focused gazing, although I plant to keep them around my neck for a while so I can get used to them! 

I’m also unsure of how to find a great lightweight tripod so any links would be great! Love the forum so far and I’m excited to start observing the skies!

Happy Stargazing,
      thehappypleiades
    • By ro88ieuk
      For some reason I've found time to use the Solar Film I've had for 2 years...fitted to 25 x 100 bins. I may have to paint them though..😊 ps... the Wine was nice.
      Stay safe all  

• By Usman
      Hi,   I've recently received a pair of Bushnell 10x50 Legacy binoculars as a gift and while the image quality is generally very good, I've noticed an odd problem when looking at Venus or the Moon through the right eyepiece or through both the eyepieces together. In the case of Venus, there's a ray that emanates from it and goes at a certain, fixed angle. The ray moves in both directions depending on the movement of my binoculars and when I saw it the first time, I thought it was a shooting star. I tried rotating the binoculars and the ray's angle correspondingly moved with it; I looked at it through the right eyepiece but with my left eye this time but it was still the same. In the case of the Moon, it's a small white sphere that moves in a certain direction instead of a ray of light. Since this doesn't happen when I only look through the left eyepiece, I'm guessing there's a problem somewhere in the optics on the right-hand side of the binoculars.   Could you please help me figure out what might be causing this issue and how I can rectify it (if at all possible)?

Thank you for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.