Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Adur Astro Soc Meet - 3rd Nov

jgs001

I managed to get along to my first meeting of the Adur Astro Society last night. Bit of a rush to get there on time, but what isn't nowdays :) . I must say, a very friendly and welcoming bunch indeed.

Robin kicked off with a welcome, before handing over to Ed, who provided a useful run through of some of the better and easier to find visual objects, in a video he'd prepared earlier and giving insights and on screen computer generated images into the expected views that one can expect.

Ed, handed over to Steve, who followed with a similar presentation, this time, concentrating on imaging targets for the coming month, accompanied with images he had prepared to show the sorts of results that could be achieved.

Then back to Ed again for a detailed look at some astronomical filters. Discussing what each filter could/should be used for, how they enhance the viewing experience and what can be expected to be seen using them.

After tea and cakes (Cracking carrot cakes, made be Leanne I think :thumbright: )

the floor was opened to members to present where they were at and advice could be sought. Robin, also ran through a presentation, with details of his gear and results from the various cameras.

Bern from Modern Astronomy was also there with an interesting looking array of equipment. I'm sad to say that I steered well clear, the CFO would have shot me had I gone near, cos I would probably have ended up buying something... (Sorry Bern :) )

Trev did a sterling job in the background, providing technical support (I think it was his laptop in use) and tea duties :D .

Thanks Robin, Ed, Trev and Steve for the work and effort put in to organise the evening, a very useful and enjoyable evening out, just a shame the weather is back to it's dismal usual self again.

Archived