Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A spectrum of Comet 46P (Wirtanen) with the ALPY600.
The raw spectrum image before sky background subtraction. Note as well as the comet spectrum, the bright Na D line from local light pollution and other auroral lines from natural airglow
The coma extended beyond the length of the slit so a separate sky spectrum was recorded and subtracted
The Spectrum of the bright central region is dominated by the scattered light from the sun while the spectrum of the extended coma is mainly emission from excited molecules such as CN (The very bright line in the UV), C3, C2 (The Swan bands which give the coma its blue green colour) and NH2
By removing the emission component from the spectrum of the central region and dividing it by the spectrum of a sunlike star recorded the same evening, the reflectance spectrum of the dust can be extracted
I'm still dizzy after processing this one for each LRGB filter.
Comet 21P meets open cluster M37 in the night/morning of 10/11 September, at perihelion.
This is a combination of 60s x 30 x 4 subs, taken through the SW130PDS with an ASI1600MMC.
No deconvolution applied, only noise reduction. About the remaining noise?! ... yes, please. Unfortunately the light pollution at home didn't let me record more.
Thanks for watching and clear skies!
I just tried to see the moving of this object. I made 20 frames with my Huawei P10 smartphone, with the monochrome camera. My star tracking is not so sharp, I have alt-az mount, I used only 10 sec expositions at ISO 1600. The shots was taken in every 10-12 minutes in this time intervall: 00:16-03:53am 2018. 08.16. Celestron Nexstar 8 SE, 25mm plössl eyepiece (magnification 80x). Of course I used a good adapter too. Frames has added with Gif maker pro mobile application.
I went this weekend to my girlfriend's parents and I took my Skywatcher 72ED with me and the smaller AZ-EQ5. Fortunately, the skies are dark there.
So, on 11/12 August I put all the stuff on the mount and took 130+ 60s subs with the Canon 550D. The result is a crop, towards the edges the stars are not perfect yet, but they're a bit better than in the past. I put some additional spacers to the universal flattener and increased the backfocus distance. The comet doesn't fill the frame anyway.
Unfortunately, the animation doesn't really play ball, I will upload it somehow else later. Neither on the processed image I did the best job, I need to improve somehow in removing the artifacts on the comet-only image.
However, this is what I got: