Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Our Cosmic Soup

This is the old Aether theory.....which I personally believe in...

However most current theories suggest that "Luminiferous Aether" does not exist.

Difficult one to prove either way ?

I think this is what would be expected if the mass off stars were all rotating at the same speed and when the centre gravitationally contracted then it would spin faster than the outside , giving the appearance that the outside was being slowed down.

This would not really prove the existence of aether.

1 hour ago, humblepigeon said:

surrounded by empty voids of space

I heard this week that although M31 and the Milky Way are on a collision course, nothing will actually strike each other, such are the distances between all and everything within the two galaxies.

Shame I won't be around to witness this spectacle.

1 hour ago, Charic said:

nothing will actually strike each other, such are the distances between all and everything within the two galaxies.

Gravitationally they collide, but not physically.

1 hour ago, Kev M said:

I think this is what would be expected if the mass off stars were all rotating at the same speed and when the centre gravitationally contracted then it would spin faster than the outside , giving the appearance that the outside was being slowed down.

This would not really prove the existence of aether.

So the star speeds are defined by gravitational concentration ?

Quoting summarised info from Einstein regarding Ether and Relativity:

nature might just as well have endowed the gravitational ether with fields of quite another type, for example, with fields of a scalar potential, instead of fields of the electromagnetic type.

Fields of a scalar potential? :icon_bounce:

7 hours ago, Charic said:

I heard this week that although M31 and the Milky Way are on a collision course, nothing will actually strike each other, such are the distances between all and everything within the two galaxies.

Shame I won't be around to witness this spectacle.

Gravitationally it will be a mess though, possible black hole mergers and a healthy exchange of galactic materials and gases. Many orbits of objects on both sides will be altered and collisions will undoubtedly result.

Both galaxies will be changed structurally forever...just my guess.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 02:48, SIDO said:

Both galaxies will be changed structurally forever...just my guess.

That's putting it right, how can it be possible for two galaxies to merge without throwing off the gravitational balance of every star in each galaxy? Galaxies themselves create a huge curve in space time. One would think that when galaxies come together, every star within, even if they don't collide, will be dislodged from their current space and, tossed about i'm guessing.

Archived