Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Daz69

COMPLETED - ** SOLD ** For sale 200mm SW Explorer and full kit

Selling up, 200mm Skywatcher explorer on a sturdy homemade dobsonian base. 

Base constructed from 18mm exterior grade ply, sealed and painted white. Rotates on teflon guides over a large scale compass. Illuminated bearing pointer. Rigal Quickfinder with inbuilt heater to avoid misting up. Sybony laser collomator and a FLO Cheshire collomator, Celestron Omni Plossl's (x3 I believe) and a x2 barlow. Eyepiece filters also I believe.  

No longer in use so selling up. Included is a homemade power distribution box for heaters, camera etc. using rheostats and buck converters, digital voltmeters added and all on separate fuses. See my threads on my base and box for more info. Photos are on these threads, if I can find them I'll stick the link on here, otherwise i'll take new photos upon request. 

£200 collect only from Nth Hampshire/Berkshire border. Can deliver up to 10 mile radius free. Further than that will be negotiated. I cannot post due to size and weight. 

I will NOT split this so don't ask.

Edited by Daz69

See here for the power distribution box build

Edited by Daz69

See here for the dob base build and final photographs

That is a really great looking package and should go very quickly.
The dob base has some really good ideas included.

As it overlaps with the content of my toy box I won't be taking.

Good luck with the sale. David.

• Like 1