Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep9_banner.thumb.jpg.05c1bdd298547fd225896a3d99c9bc17.jpg

MalVeauX

AR2729's Three Day Progression in 6562.8A

Hello from Florida, ?

I wasn't able to image the 4th and final day as AR2729 rounded the limb due to work, but I was able to latch on for three days while it had lovely visible umbra. This is spanning December 5th, 6th and 7th. Imaged in 6562.8A wavelength.

B&W:

44374729710_7e517f2a59_c.jpg

32335844488_7b9f5c4156_c.jpg

45306277935_bd2c027985_c.jpg

Colored:

46141375312_0ac2e17b77_c.jpg

32335841318_70c45c41e1_c.jpg

45306277455_95c4bf9b74_c.jpg

Captured with:

Celestron 150mm F8 Refractor (CR150HD)

Daystar 150mm ERF

Daystar Quark Chromosphere

ASI174MM Camera with 2" GSO 0.5x Focal Reducer

Very best,

SolarSetup_12052018.jpg

Edited by MalVeauX
Added equipment image
  • Like 14

The fine detail borders on the insane beautiful if that makes any sense at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By inFINNity Deck
      As I have replaced them with new-style versions, I have two old-style ZWO 36mm unmounted narrowband filters for sale:
      - H-alpha
      - S-II
      They are pre-2018, so with both sides silver instead of yellow&purple, and come in the original, but opened, packaging. Condition like new.
      Attached images have been made with them. Any decent price will do.
      Nicolàs

• By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Hello!
      I have been really inactive here, so apologies.
      Here are a few images of the Solar Eclipse, happened on 21 June 2020. It was annular, but partial from Mumbai region (around 60% covered). Maximum phase of the eclipse was at around 11:30 a.m. IST.
      This is actually onset of our 4-5 months of monsoon season, so getting decent skies was a tough part. Luckily got decent cleared patches here and there with occasional rains.
      I had to use whatever I had to make a comfortable view of the eclipse, thanks to the lockdown.
      I simply took a box, made a whole of the size of the eyepiece on one end, cut the opposite side and attached a paper. I had to do little bit here and there attachments for perfect angle. But was really happy with the results. 
      One of the best experience was when I was seeing the Sun while it was drizzling at the same time.
      Thanks!
      -Rhushikesh Deshpande.

• By NiCo10
      Hi Folks, 
      I finally made the leap and purchased the Sky-Watcher SolarQuest Mount from FLO. I was a little sceptical about a perceived "one trick pony" but it does it well. and is such a simple set-up. I've not seen an awful lot of information on these so though I would share my initial thoughts and an unboxing video in the link below.
      Tracks the sun for hours and stays in the centre of view the whole time. The 8 way slider is for fine adjustment if required with quite a slow slew rate. It takes 8 x  AA batteries which I was a little nervous about how long they would last but as its only making slight adjustments, seem to be lasting although there is the option of a 12v external supply.
      It's a very compact set up for storage and travel and a cinch to set up. Place on level ground using the built in bubble and turn on. Its surprisingly quick to level, get a GPS fix and track, tracks through the thinner clouds and if you do get thicker clouds you get a warning LED light up. Simplicity is genius.
      I know my setup might look like a cardboard box painted back inside ( I call it the command centre) but hey, it works.
      Happy for any questions you have.

• By Kitsunegari
      125mm x 1200mm + Coronado pst etalon / 15mm blocking filter = Basler 1920-155um

• By M31Fan
      Hi! 
      Newby here...
      What's the best software to do solar tracking and imaging on a Raspberry Pi (Astroberry)?

I have been learning how to use Kstars/Ekos/INDI and it's working pretty well at night, but since now the nights are super short and the sun is more "exposed" I'm also trying to do solar imaging. 
      Astroberry oacapture, but how can I control the mount to perform solar tracking? Normaly I use EKOS for this, but then I can't use it with solar film capture. 

Please let me know which software you use to connect the mount, focuser and camera (QHY-II-5L-C). It's ok to control the mount and focuser in a separate software, but using two separate INDI sessions seems to crash it. Advice and recommendations are welcome! 

Thanks & Clear skies! 
      Tiago

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.