Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula HaSHO

Rodd

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600 with 3um Astrodon filters.  Finally added OIII to the mix.  My goal was to do the Rosette in LRGB (or HaLRGB), bur the Moon didn't cooperate.  This is an image completed while I wait for the data for NGC 1333.  After NGC-1333 hits the trees, I have 2.5 hours to shoot this target.  I can honestly say I am sick of the Rosette nebula in the Hubble pallet....this is my 3rd such attempt.  Fortunately they were at various focal lengths.

Conditions varied widely for this data set--especially in the red (SII) data--so its not the best.  

Ha: 63 5min

SII: 54 5min

OIII: 47 5min

HaSHO-1f.thumb.jpg.c4cd0f500d8bf4c4818856a0eccc5092.jpg

16 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Every nice Rodd...  just one question... do you ever have clouds in Connecticut? :) 

thanks Dave.  Part of this data was shot on a very wild night--in between passing clouds.  I was out there 9 hours and only got 3 hours of data!   A very rough night.

13 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Is it me or do you notice the slight multi colour ringing around bright stars?

Just one in the central cluster.  I have 2 issues--wildly different FWHM values in the SII data (2x the other data), and a slight spacing issue.  I believe I am 1mm to close.  I have the necessary spacers to move the camera 1mm back--but I wanted to finish a few images first.  Thatswhy the stars are a bit funky with this set up.  

Rodd

Archived