SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Alien Space Craft in NGC 1333 Region?

vdb

2 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

It actually looks more like Semiramis.

Image is aligned so that RA is close to horizontal and strongest trail has about 45 degrees tilt in trajectory. Only object that has similar values in RA and DEC speed is this one - similar speeds in DEC and RA will produce 45 degrees tilted trajectory.

It is also the longest of all trails in image - and Semiramis has the greatest overall speed on that list.

that was my first guess too. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

If you could post an annotated picture, we can put a name on those too :)

I posted the coordinates and orientation is that enough?

Center (RA, Dec):(52.289, 31.385)

Center (RA, hms):03h 29m 09.372s

Center (Dec, dms):+31° 23' 05.396"

Size:83.8 x 57.2 arcmin

Radius:0.846 deg

Pixel scale:0.934 arcsec/pixel

Orientation:Up is 1.63 degrees E of N

Semiramis is actually minor planet :D did not know that - about 26km in diameter.

Moral of the thread: alien invasion fleet keeps formation - same direction and same speed.

Note to self: do regular stacking of images alongside sigma clip, interesting things can pop up in the background.

Great image... 

When I saw your reflections, the first thing I through of was.. are you using a focal reducer? I seen something similar on one of my orion nebula exposures with a focal reducer inline when there was a brightish star just out of frame.

6 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Great image... 

When I saw your reflections, the first thing I through of was.. are you using a focal reducer? I seen something similar on one of my orion nebula exposures with a focal reducer inline when there was a brightish star just out of frame.

With no sigma clip stack it was clear it was no optical issue and Wiu-Wiu has since provided the object identifiers ...

/Yves

Archived