Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Date: 17 November 2018

Equipment Used: 
TS Optics 60ED refractor, with 0.79x reducer on Celestron AVX mount
Imaging camera: ZWO 1600mm camera with ZWO LRGB filters
Guide camera: ZWO 120mc-s on ZWO mini guidescope

Image details: Image is constituted of the under:
18 no, Luminance x 5 min
10 no. Red x 5 min
10 no. Green x 5 min
3 no. Blue x 5 min (Target went behind trees)
Processed in Pixinsight

m45.png

• Like 8

Lovely.

You may have pushed the stretch/saturation a little too far. Careful use of curves, with an L-mask, can cure this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The-MathMog
      Hey there.

I am curious, as to what media or software you guys are using, in terms of knowing when certain alignments, conjunctions or events happen?

I actually had a clear sky, a couple of days ago, when the conjunction of Venus and the Pleiades happened, but I didn't know until the day after. I even thought: "what a nice clear sky, but naaah, the moon is way too bright tonight" (I mostly shoot galaxies these days).
      So I am actually a bit bummed at missing that.

So, what good sources are you guys using? I am mostly using stellarium, reading a bit on the forum here, and looking into SkySafari Pro (will that give any clues?). Or is it simply by chance figuring it out 😅

Thanks in advance.
    • By frolao
      The Pleiades showing different temperatures in a super unfocused image (by accident). Only after looking better to this I noticed all brightest stars are there. Love it!
      Stars info using SkySafary6
      AVX SW80ED 700D 19s ISO12800, both images

• By mikeyscope
      Just a quick cropped image of the Venus/Pleiades conjunction with Hyades looking on by moonlight from last night.
      Pentax K5 / Pentax 12-24mm lens / 1.4x rear converter / Exp. 30secs @f10 / iso 500
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By Photosbykev
      30+ exposures between 1 and 60 seconds with an ASI533MC_Pro and WO61 refractor. The huge dynamic range makes this a real challenge lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.