Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies_winners.thumb.jpg.94f78e21c195e385c5621d89ea0b51b9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lukebl

The Soap Bubble Nebula

Here is my capture of PN G75.5+1.7, the so-called Soap Bubble Nebula in Cygnus. A lovely but very dim object. Hence the stars in this image are somewhat overcooked to bring it out.

The weather hasn't been kind at all, and it is fast disappearing behind my roof in early evening. Sadly I don't think I'll have much opportunity to add to it. This was the result of nearly 20 hours of imaging over seven nights during the past month during the brief gaps in cloud cover.

Atik428ex, 200mm f/5 Newtonian. Off-axis guiding with QHY 5-ii cam. 13 hours of 15 minute exposures in O-III, and 7 hours of HA. Field of View 19.6 x 27.8 arcmin.

It's a fascinating object, which was only discovered by amateur astronomer Dave Jurasevich as recently as 2007.

31250075007_ee4b5a939a_k.jpg

• Like 8

Excellent capture Luke, a just reward for your dedication.

Dave

Very nice capture.

I have tried to image this but wow its faint an as you say, the weather! ...I gave up lol. 

Well done.

Edited by Star101