Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZ-EQ6-GT

60 NORTH

Hi, I have had problems tonight with powering my AZ-EQ6-GT with my Nevada PSW-30 25-30A Switch-Mode Power Supply @ 15v-30a (powered in the house) + 30m 12V extension lead? to much power drop, I think?

The mount works fine though with the SW power bank?

Q: is my extension lead to long and if so what would you recommend being the maximum length?

Agreed small cable has a lot of voltage drop and these mount are very picky with power, I had problems even with the lead to power tank, quality lead same tank no problem. It clearly is not the mount if it works from the other unit you are using

I have two of the Nevada PSU's and have a run of about 25m from my shed to my pier and I had to up the cable thickness to prevent the drop off, which prior to that were dropping the voltage to the head to about 11.5volts.

I purchased this cable: - Round Twin 2 Core Cable 12V 24V Thin Wall Wire For 11A 14A 16.5A 21A 25A 29A https://ebay.us/zk9lEc

I went for the 29Amps 2.5mm and it works perfectly pumping out about 13.3V

Archived