Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart and Soul with widefield set up

MartinB

For years I have been comfy in my observatory with kit I have  had for a long time.  However, recently I have been getting to grips with a completely new set up for wide field imaging away from the obsy.  Different computer with completely different software - SGP, PHD, CDC, a CGEM mount that I've only previously used for observing, a new ASI 1600 pro attached to a Canon 200mm F2.8 lens, with a diddy little ZWO mini guidescope.  Also using Polemaster for PA.  So it's been lots of faffing, especially with SGP.  I'm slowly getting to grips with things.

These 2 nebulae fill my FOV nicely so I thought I would have a go.  

So as mentioned camera ASI 1600 pro, Canon L 200mm lens at F2.8

Filters - Baader 7nm

Ha 32x5mins OIII 20x5mins

Calibrated and combined with maxim.  Processed in PS

Not a lot of overall time but F2.8 helps!  I will probably get some SII when the opportunity arises and maybe some RGB as well.

Heart and Soul bicolour.jpg

Thank you everyone for the comments

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Hi Martin.

Eehhhh how have you produced that with such a tiny amout of data and a 200mm lens? That's ridiculously good. 

You've more fine details in that than i managed with a 430mm scope. Great image?

I really don't know Richard, the camera feels like it's on steroids!  I'm not that undersampled at just under 4 arc secs per pixel and F2.8 is very nice.  Plus I was given excellent advice when I first got the camera ?

Archived