Narrowband

Pegasus and Gemini , dew battle !

Very promising night , no moon and calm clear skies. Soon after starting , the dew was horrendous. Frost formed on the shed roof and I used a wrapped hot water bottle inside the eyepiece case.

IMG_6519.thumb.JPG.5eb91df19eab7b71aeda7a86afd2a8e9.JPGBy midnight masses of cloud rolled in and I wiped down the mount , Telrad and ota. Managed some lovely targets , getting down to 1.3". It's just a delight to observe the named stars of Gemini. Wasat being a real gem. Wrap up , turn up the dew heaters   Under those clear skies !

IMG_6518.thumb.JPG.3508e1024b926e512d6e45431c9d2c67.JPG

Nick.

Nice one Nick, it sure was cold here last night ❄️ I found the list you made last year for our get together ? so I will be working my way through it as soon  as I get the chance. 

Some tight doubles there nicely split, sketches as usual are brilliant when I do get out there its nice to have them there as a reference to what I am seeing.

Terrible weather here no let up of the clouds think it was clear Tuesday morning from about 3.30am well that was what the forecast said but it has been that wrong I did not bother getting out of bed.

Thanks for the report Nick really good read.

Archived