Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Space Oddities

Imaging with a Fujifilm camera

Hi everyone :) 

I'm writing an article on my blog, regarding astro imaging with a Fujifilm camera. These little cameras are rather new in the market (well, compared to Nikon and Canon, that is), and not a lot of people are using them for astrophotography.

Sadly, there's not a lot of documentation available either, apart from some forum posts, but they're scattered on several websites. 

I thought it could be interesting to create an article to talk about these little cameras, their advantages and drawbacks for astro work. And also to showcase some great pictures made with them to, perhaps, inspire existing photographers to try AP!

So I'm looking for some deep-sky (or wide field) images made with a Fujifilm camera to illustrate my blog post :)  Of course, I'll credit you and link back to your website/astrobin if you'd like. 

I'm also very interested in any feedback about Fujifilm cameras you might have: things you like, dislike, and that could be interesting to share with others. 

Feel free to contact me by PM if you're interested :) 

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Like 1

I have a Fujifilm X100, the very first X series model I believe, and I love it, and have been meaning to take some astrophotos with it. Trouble is, I also have a Canon 6D and Samyang 24mm/1.4 , and that's what I always seem to grab first. My Fujifilm is a non-interchangeable lens, a 24mm/2.0 but an APS-C sensor. You have reminded me of my intention, so once I'm back from my dark place in Ireland in the New Year, I'll report back...

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 1

Oh I also own a X100 (I had the T and now the F), what a wonderful camera! Never tried doing AP with it either. Maybe I should give it a try too :) 

Cygnus.tifTook this a while back with an X100, 12 x 30s (bracketed) @ 1000 iso f2.8. No Filters. Stacked in DSS. Cropped and tweaked in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Camera was piggybacked on my 5" refractor, NEQ6-Pro R.

• Like 1

The article is finished and can be found here! :) 

Let me know if you have additional feedback or deep-sky photographs you would like to share!