SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon & Venus conjunction 04.12.2018

Nice one Phil, lovely wasn't it? The Earth shine was really clear. Rather than creating a new thread, I hope you don't mind me adding mine here. Handheld Samsung S9, couldn't find a convenient place to lean but with short shutter speed they are not too bad. I was playing around with shutter speed to see how much earthshine I could get. Semi successful.

20181204_065046.jpg

20181204_065233.jpg

20181204_065239.jpg

20181204_133510.jpg

20181204_065046-01.jpeg

• Like 3

I am glad I started this thread with the interest you are showing... and of course I don't mind anyone adding their images to it. The more the merrier. :thumbsup: 

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/12/2018 at 15:46, Philip R said:

I am glad I started this thread with the interest you are showing... and of course I don't mind anyone adding their images to it. The more the merrier. :thumbsup: 

It was one of those rare morning where it was so pretty it almost made you late for work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I took a similar photo on my smartphone. Insomnia has its benefits :)

Can anyone point me to a resource which tells me when the Moon, Venus and Spica will line up again?

TIA

Moon Venus Spica.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/12/2018 at 15:46, Philip R said:

If you insist 😂

Dave

Dawn 18-07-20

Moon-and-Venus-18-07-20.thumb.png.a00852f1dee38009d6175b06fcc7de89.png

Edited by Davey-T
  • Haha 1

I post images on a local FaceBook page where I live. Who knows, maybe if I can get interest up, people will turn off some lights.

One person asked about the very bright star with a smaller one near it, so I took this to show her what she was really seeing in the sky.

Blew the moon and Venus out to get the stars!

_MG_7994.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boodysaspie said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I took a similar photo on my smartphone. Insomnia has its benefits :)

Can anyone point me to a resource which tells me when the Moon, Venus and Spica will line up again?

TIA

Moon Venus Spica.jpg

Hi @Boodysaspie and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

You could try Stellarium.

The PC 'desktop'/'laptop' is free. I have an old version on an old Apple iBook G4; (before they dropped Motorola/PPC chipsets in favour of intel chipsets - now they are going there own again who knows - I don't want to start a political argument as to which chipset is best/better); and that too was free. 

Tablet & phone for Android OS & iOS versions are also available... but you have to pay.