Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Leon-Fleet

Nikon - Clip In LP Filters

I can't find any clip in Light pollution filters for Nikon cameras, specifically my trusty D90. 

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one? 

it's been suggested that I just get a cannon already and I might in a few years but not now! 

I have found this Optolong UHC Ultra High Contrast Filter - Nikon D5000, D5100 Clip filter, but I don't know if it will work with a Nikon d90?

any advice would be appreciated! cheers 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By UKAstroBill
      The weather has been so bad I have had the time to finish a video on using astro filters with the Nikon Z bodies and Nikon camera lenses. There is a manual alternative to the FTZ allowing 1.25 inch filters to be fitted between camera and F-mount lenses, and for some lenses and end of lens solution make sense. FAstroTZ is described here:

• By bottletopburly
      Having upgraded from canon 1000D to Nikon D5300  how do users of the 5300 find it for Astro I will be using with APT , and how do you take flats as I can’t use Av mode as there is nothing in tools menu to choose no lens ,  do you use in manual mode  and look at histogram ? .
    • By Nikolas74
      Selling my LRGB filters 36mm unmounted , because I decided to use only my Narrowband and to invest in something else that I want.
      The filters are placed inside my Atik EFW2 at the moment but I can send photos if someone is really interested , so I don't loose my cc'd setup position.
      Are in excellent condition ,sold in their original boxes.
      The filters are well known so not much words need to say.
      Some info you can find here at Astrodons site:
      https://astrodon.com/products/astrodon-lrgb-gen2-e-series-tru-balance-filters/
      The retail price is about £800 if I am not mistaken I will sell it for £500..............£375
      Other offers can be accepted within reasonable price 😀
      Payment via PAYPAL is accepted, buyer pays the fees.
      I post them from Athens Greece in A class shipment secured.
      I will pay the postage expenses.
      Thank you,
      Nikolas.

• By jjosefsen
      Hi,
      I'm working with some recent data of a new(ish) camera, and my Ha data is pretty good, but the oiii has these strange artifacts around the borders.
      If I use any kind of local normalization then it pretty much ruins most of the image, as you can see below..
      First the Ha:

Oiii with local normalization:

oiii local normalization map, see how it fits with the artifacts:

Oiii without any local normalization:

These edge artifacts, could they be related to a bad filter or is it a processing artifact, has anyone seen anything similar?

I am using Astro Pixel Processor for calibration and stacking.. Im kind of stumped on this one, and I am going to yank out the Oiii filter this weekend to have a looksie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.