Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tasco 16T goes dobsonian style!

MrZuiko

Hi all

Well I've made the dob mount it's taken a while due to work hours etc,not had a chance to take it out as the weather isn't good at the moment...lots of cloud! I've made the mount quite tall to save my back it's heavy,has locking wheels and it rotates on teflon and a vinyl 12" album glued to the rocker base and it rotates very smoothly.
I'm thinking of making another mount either another dob made from a heavier plywood or something like a "horseshoe mount" your thoughts please! Just the OTA now weighs 28lb alone with the added box and bearings! I've got to collimate it but have never tried this I do have a Cheshire collimating eyepiece to hand. I've also got an adapter so I can use my 1.25" eyepieces. Can anyone give me any help and advice on collimation please!

All the best and clear skies!

Ash.

IMG_1101[1].JPG

IMG_1102[1].JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,well I've tried to collimate the scope and still can't get it right,it needs someone who knows what their doing and that's not me!...........so I've now put it up for sale on fleabay so someone else can own one of these rare scopes.

It was difficult to put a price on it as they do not come up for sale but I'm open to sensible offers!

Clear skies all.

Happy New Year  Ash.

Archived