SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars in November

orion25

Hello, all! Here is a composite of a few Mars images I took in November with my Orion 180mm Mak using a Celestron 2x barlow and the Orion 5MP StarShoot camera, processed in Registax and Photoshop. Its journey away from us continues as it gets smaller and less bright, but it's still fun to image:

549110150_ASTRONOMY-MARSPOST-OPPOSITION2018(5MP)NOVEMBERCAPTION.thumb.jpg.b14171742808b2682f186fbf9a5b975d.jpg

Cheers! :D

Reggie

8 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice work! I hadn't realised how much it shrank over the course of one month 

Thanks, Craig! It's rapidly shrinking alright. I'm wrapping up this imaging series this month.

7 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Great shots Reggie. Well done mate! :) was observing Mars the other night for a very brief visual session. Seeing wasn’t great, so nothing really on show alas. You’ve pulled out some great detail in the images. 

Thanks, Gus! Mars is looking kinda lackluster in the EP, but I've still been able to eke out some detail still! December will wrap up my imaging of Mars for this season. :) 

Archived