Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AZ-GTi loses connection

JeremyS

Having some hassle with my new mount. I'm running it from my iPhone 6 via the mount's wifi. I can align ok and then do a few Goto's (it's remarkably accurate), but then if I leave it for a few seconds it seems to go offline, i.e. loses wifi connection with the iPhone (although the iPhone says it can still see the network and is connected and the red light on the mount does a double flash, suggesting it is connected. The only way I can find to get the wifi connection back is to switch off the mount, reboot, connect to the mount from the iPhone and start the realignment process! Only for the same thing to happen again....

Any ideas?

11 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Have you read this thread ?

No I hadn't! Thanks for pointing it out Peter. the autolock was indeed set to 1 min. I've now changed to 5 mins which is the maximum. I see on some websites it says there should be a "Never" option, but my iPhone 6 does n't seem to offer that. So I fear I have to touch the screen within 5 mins to prevent it locking....

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2018 at 22:22, JeremyS said:

No I hadn't! Thanks for pointing it out Peter. the autolock was indeed set to 1 min. I've now changed to 5 mins which is the maximum. I see on some websites it says there should be a "Never" option, but my iPhone 6 does n't seem to offer that. So I fear I have to touch the screen within 5 mins to prevent it locking....

Hi there

I just came across your post when doing a search for AZ GTI. I’m slightly puzzled about your ‘Never’ option. I have an iPhone 6 and on checking found that the Never option is certainly there?  Have you got the latest iOS installed?

Max

9 minutes ago, EssexMigrant said:

Hi there

I just came across your post when doing a search for AZ GTI. I’m slightly puzzled about your ‘Never’ option. I have an iPhone 6 and on checking found that the Never option is certainly there?  Have you got the latest iOS installed?

Max

The Never option is disabled by my employer for security reasons, which is quite understandable. Seems like quite a few employers around the world do this.

Archived