Narrowband

hello

humblepigeon

hey all,

Fascinated by everything.
I owned a few telescopes in the past but don't own one currently. Nothing stops me from looking upwards still though, and occasionally grab the Bino's to ponder or track whatevers wizzing about above me !

Look forward to reading/posting.
humblepigeon

Thanks for the warm welcomes,

14 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Hi and welcome to a great forum. Are you then considering getting a new telescope, or just going to stick with the bino's? ?

I'd love a new setup again Greymouser, finances not permitting it atm.
Just enjoy what others are achieving now (at any level), its so important to recognise what people are capable of with the kit they have.
I look back at some of my photos and wonder how I got some of the pictures i did. Good memories sitting at 3am with crispy fingers manually trying to guide the scope with a piggybacked cam and zoom lens while the dog was going bananas around the garden because of the neighbours cat.
Needless to say, that photo didnt exactly have pinpoint stars on it.

5 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Hi, HP, and welcome to SGL.

Nothing wrong with using binos ... my first 35 years in this hobby I had nothing more than a pair of 7x50s ... still use them a lot while my setup is imaging.

Enjoy the journey.

indeed, something about scanning the milkyway from time to time with binos which keeps the bug alive !

On 29/11/2018 at 11:15, humblepigeon said:

hey all,

Fascinated by everything.
I owned a few telescopes in the past but don't own one currently. Nothing stops me from looking upwards still though, and occasionally grab the Bino's to ponder or track whatevers wizzing about above me !

Look forward to reading/posting.
humblepigeon

I think everyone here will applaud the use of those binoculars. I know my 10x50's get a lot of use!

Hello and welcome to the Worlds most friendly and happy Astronomy forums. I got a pleasant surprise to learn that you did at some time in the past,  guided manually to keep track of your target.  Not easy by  any means, and great patience was needed.

No CCD sensor cameras in those days, and certainly no auto guiding gizmos.     However, good skills are required in the processing of the captured data. The auto tracking and guiding methods are the result of progress, and have  to be embraced. 

Enjoy your stay, and hopefully you will   acquire another scope in the near future.                              Best Wishes. Ron.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived