Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question to users of the Celestron Focus Motor!

Hi folks, I recently became the proud owner of  a Nexstar XTL GPS 9.25" telescope with a number of extras fitted.  This telescope is a bit of a jump for me but I'm getting to know my way around it.  Among the extras it has the Celestron Focus Motor (#94142) fitted.

My question is about the limits of the focuser both 'in' and 'out'.  mine never seems to stop when I hold the button down on the controls to focus close say on a nearby tree, or in the other direction on a a distant object.  If I hold the button down the motor seems to go on  buzzing away.  When it gets to its limit is there any indication?

Geoff

Hi Geoff, have you tried using the focuser yourself without the motor?  If you can this will help you understand what's happening.  As Merlin66 above implies, there is quite a lot of focuser travel on a scope like this.  Good luck!

Archived