SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon 18X50IS bino.

tico

I have used the Canon 10x42 L IS bins and they are fantastic but are pretty heavy so the 18x50 will be heavier still.

I chose the Swarovski 10x50EL Swarovisions to keep and I think I made the right decision.

1 hour ago, tico said:

Hello,

Anyone have used this bino for birding.astro use ?

thanks

Tico

I would say that the 18x50 is too powerful they are great for sky view and long distance 15 miles plus I must say I have been using Canon 15x50 IS for many years and I think they are a great all-rounder and are half the price of the Canon 10x42L let us know what you decide 

I agree that they are too powerful for astronomy - very hard to keep the image steady. Also, a little too powerful for nature that is close (garden birds) 

I have always found 10x50s to be perfect for handheld astronomy and great for nature too. 

If you can get to a binoculars store you should be able to pick up a pair and see how hey feel. 8x40s would be much lighter but I wouldn't want to go any smaller than that with astronomy in mind 

Archived