SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Obsy building started ! (and now complete!)

Miguel1983

38 minutes ago, Swoop1 said:

Nice movie Muiguel.

One thing though- your C11 doesn't live on that precise spot in the movie does it? It wouldn't take much to send it tumbling to oblivion😮

It does, i assure you, its quite heavy 🥵 , also i just go up there to open the roof, remove the cover and empty the dehumidifier, so no raves are happening up there 😁

• Bizibilder changed the title to Obsy building started ! (and now complete!)

I must say, I have not read this post. Just watched the video. At first I was thinking wow a bit overkill for a ror shed. But the end result is WOW!! Very nice indeed. 

Fantastic build. 

Thanks for sharing

Dave 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Star101 said:

I must say, I have not read this post. Just watched the video. At first I was thinking wow a bit overkill for a ror shed. But the end result is WOW!! Very nice indeed. 

Fantastic build. 

Thanks for sharing

Dave 

Thanks,

there were plans for building a carport and gardenshed combo for a few years, and in 2018 when this hobby enchanted me, i added the roll-off function to the final design, so at first it may look like overkill, but it is a multifunctional building.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Great work. The video shows a lot of the detail you have put into it. It reminds me of a recording studio inside with the large glass window looking into the observatory room.

Thanks, in a way i’m recording the stars ☺️

Edited by Miguel1983

• 6 months later...

Small update, i've added a simple weather station, just temp and humidity in and outside.

And a pier was placed just outside the obs for a second wide field imaging rig.

A1CACA25-D123-4AC5-8DFA-8C2E97B850D2.thumb.jpeg.3b383bc952ae0548279a90ff6e50977a.jpeg

BA3D3A44-38B3-4634-8DCF-9016399F89A2.thumb.jpeg.1e2e32e2b315781ace3b013eaf793930.jpeg

C21824EA-602B-4BF6-8116-F7E1AE2D821E.thumb.jpeg.731d114252026bf945f89bf370498d12.jpeg

Next i will be looking into some camera surveillance i think...

• Like 4

This looks amazing! Congratulations. 

Question... How are you finding the extending pier? I never knew such a thing existed and I'm intrigued to know whether it causes any issues for imaging. 

8 hours ago, edarter said:

This looks amazing! Congratulations. 

Question... How are you finding the extending pier? I never knew such a thing existed and I'm intrigued to know whether it causes any issues for imaging. 

thanks,

it's is very good and stable , most of the time is it at the level as shown above, but on occasion i raise it for a lower target, like Neowise recently or the moon etc

On 25/07/2020 at 09:12, Miguel1983 said:

thanks,

it's is very good and stable , most of the time is it at the level as shown above, but on occasion i raise it for a lower target, like Neowise recently or the moon etc

OK, good to know, thanks. Do you get any PA issues with it being movable? 

5 minutes ago, edarter said:

OK, good to know, thanks. Do you get any PA issues with it being movable? 

No not that i can tell by looking at guiding.

If the pier is perfectly level, moving up and down does not alter PA, the polar axis of the mount remains parallel to the Earth's rotation axis.

• Like 1

What a fantastic observatory.. I have a small obsy setup and I love having it but this one is a dozen levels above it... you'll love having the convenience of the obsy... well done.

Edited by MarsG76
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

What a fantastic observatory.. I have a small obsy setup and I love having it but this one is a dozen levels above it... you'll love having the convenience of the obsy... well done.

Oh i do, love it !

Only thing is i've should have made it for two setups as you see i've added a pier in the garden already, but i'm guessing it will never be enough in this addictive hobby 😆

• Haha 1

In the time it has taken me to acquire a pier and top plate and some of the hardware to install it, you have built and equipped an obsy/ carport/ mancave AND a standalone pier?

I must be going wrong somewhere!

19 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

Oh i do, love it !

Only thing is i've should have made it for two setups as you see i've added a pier in the garden already, but i'm guessing it will never be enough in this addictive hobby 😆

Thats right, it's never enough or finished until every celestial object is imaged and observed... twice

• 2 years later...