SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Smartphone astrophotography (SPAP) software

I 'm starting this thread for everyone to post new SPAP related software or apps.

Recently I downloaded an android app called DeepSkyCamera. It's still beta version, but looks quite good.

It is actually an intervalometer for the phone's camera. You can set exposure, number of sets, and choose to save them in a folder as lights, darks, or flats, for later stacking with dss or equator on p.c.

Now... all we need is an in phone stacking app

I did see that one but it was closed to any new takers for beta testing.

I'm more along the lines of just using my phone for processing, so a stacking app is what really interests me, but this does look like a very handy development.

Some of the latest phones have a cracking camera, my Huawei 9 has more options than I've looked at, something called 'light painting' with a sub menu including 'star track',  couple of screen shots of menu and results, short and longer exposures - I think it just keeps going until I switch it off.

Results from chucking the phone on the garden table and picking it up later.

Camera Menu.jpg

Menu 2.jpg

Short.jpg

Longer 1.jpg

Longer 2.jpg

1 hour ago, Mick J said:

Not sure about closed, Google link for android install on smartphone/tablet and developers english website link.

Good descriptions on the webpages, latest update yesterday (26/11) beta extended till April 2019, free while in beta.

Looks like it has just been opened up again, was closed when I checked 3 or 4 days ago. Good news!

Just downloaded Deepsystacker and it only appears to allow 0.1 second exposures on my S9 which is unfortunate.

I did find something called  Long Exposure Camera which appears to allow up to 300 second exposures, need to give that a go

Archived