Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

ACross

Steel pier - surface rusted

I have a steel pier for sale. This was purchased along with a pulsar dome and believe it is an older Pulsar model. The pier sat in a yard, exposed to the elements for a few years before I purchased it so there is some surface rust and flaking paint but will clean up nicely.  £250 and buyer will need to collect from Suffolk. 

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

Yes, the pier is still available but due to its weight you should be able to collect from Suffolk.

Edit:  If you were wanting this before Christmas, I am around today but not available after that until 30th Dec.

Hello,

No not required for Christmas, so until after the 30th December would be fine. I am very interested in this. Collection from Suffolk should not be a problem for me. First refusal please.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By G4EQZ
      Hi, Folks
       I am only a few weeks into astronomy and started off with a Celestron 9.25" Evo on the standard AZ mount. I guess with hindsight this wasn't the best place to start and also with hindsight I would have done better to have bought a GEM mount. Anyway, lesson learned and at 71 years old I have to speed up the learning process compared to younger enthusiasts  I have 2 issues. 1/ Its a pain dragging the scope out into the garden and setting it up every time I think the fickled weather might be obliging. 2/ I now know that the mount I have is useless for long exposures and a wedge is fiddly to get polar aligned.
      My question is, though I gather wedges are a PITA to setup etc is if I was to build or buy a pier for the backyard and use my existing mount + a wedge is this a reasonable way to go? Though it's fiddly to set the thing up once set I could leave the mount, wedge, etc covered up and would just need to drop the OTA on when I wanted to use it.  Is this reasonable or am I missing something fundamental down near the bottom end of my learning curve
      Any advice much appreciated and don't feel you have to spare my feelings
    • By BLT_Astro
      Hi everybody - I wanted to share my experience of designing and building my own observatory. It is a unique octagonal design and offers pros and cons to more common designs often utilised by the amateur community. If you are considering an observatory project, I hope it gives further inspiration and allows you to find a solution that works for your site, skills, budget and observing aspirations. The story is on my website, link here:
      https://www.bltastro.com
      Clear skies!

• By Phillips6549
      Tickets (free) are now available for the Birmingham University "Astronomy in the city" event on 6th March.   Sounds like an interesting evening for newcomers like me.
      The agenda includes
      What to see in the sky this month, 
      A talk on super novae
      Ask the experts
      An observing season
      And tea and biscuits! 
      http://www.sr.bham.ac.uk/observatory/astronomyinthecity.php
    • By LiveTelescope
      hello
      this is my polarex 132F  (((( https://youtu.be/7gPlOR__86w ))))  
      ↗️POLAREX 132F video⬆️
      like New, this telescope pier has no scratches on it  \(=,^)/ thank you, 
      telescope from the 1950s 

• By Astrofriend
      Once again we travel South in Europe, this time we visit Lisbon. Never been in Portugal earlier so this travel was really exiting. Lot of old culture to see and tasty foods. Maybe a bit higher cost than expected but still cheaper compare to  Sweden where I live.
      This time it was not only I and my girlfriend, we had also brought with us a friend. All three of us are interested in astronomy.
      When I know we should visit Lisbon I started to search for some astronomy related. I found that there is an old observatory just 6 km from where we stayed. They also had guided tours, but should be booked at least two weeks before visit. This was a last minute travel and not enough time left.
      Here is my mini report from Lisbon Astronomy Observatory:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/observatory-sites/lisbon-astronomical-observatory/lisbon-astronomical-observatory.html
      It didn't worked out as expected, but you at least have the information if you visit Lisbon in the future.
      /Lars

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.