Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

17 Day old Moon on 25th Nov 04:00 GMT

baggywrinkle

Just past full Moon around 4 a.m.

Even at that time of the morning the seeing was only around 3 on the Damien Peach scale.

Whole image from 3 pics taken on the Canon 650D, the detailed shots on the Altair 178C video camera. detailed work used a 2.5X Barlow but the seeing still made it a challenge to use

04_07_03 Endymion.jpg

04_11_35 Geminiu  Mare Crisium.jpg

04_14_21 Mare Crisium.jpg

04_17_14 Mare Frigoris.jpg

04_20_03 Langrenus.jpg

04_24_46 Langrenus.jpg

04_26_34 Langrenus.jpg

04_28_31 Mare Crisium.jpg

04_30_05 Mare Crisium.jpg

17d Moon 500th ISO100.jpg

Very nice set of images, and nice captions too.

I don't do much lunar imaging, but I always enjoy it when I do. Its a great target and scanning around it give a real sense of exploration - probably mostly because I don't know the moon very well I guess.

What a stunning set of images, I have been away from lunar photography for about 20 months now and am itching to get going again. I was getting to the stage where I was turning out decent images (nothing near your standard), but I fear it will be like starting from scratch again! looking forward to it though and your images have inspired be to get going! Thanks for sharing.

Archived