SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M1 in RGB, iR, Ha and OIII

alexbb

I managed to process this one too. It's been cloudy lately. This is the first version that I'm happy with. Perhaps I will try again a few more times, but I have too many channels to combine into a single one and no more imagination for now.

I shot all of them with the dob's tube on the eq mount. In total I have ~7-8h of Ha, ~same OIII and ~2h on each R, G, B and iR.

RGB_HOO_p07_066_crop.jpg

Thank you all very much!

I tried a classic HOO combination too, I didn't process it fully, but only as a support for the final image. I will try later to process and post it.

It was a challenge to get those colours looking decent.

• 3 months later...

I missed this till seeing it in the PNs competition. It's a wonderful image. The extension was new to me, too, but I found a good rendition in which it shows strongly in OIII. I prefer this because it begins with an Ha component as well, giving the feature a more integrated look.

Very well done indeed and an original project on a familiar object.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

I missed this till seeing it in the PNs competition. It's a wonderful image. The extension was new to me, too, but I found a good rendition in which it shows strongly in OIII. I prefer this because it begins with an Ha component as well, giving the feature a more integrated look.

Very well done indeed and an original project on a familiar object.

Olly

Thank you very much and clear skies!

Alex

16 hours ago, jimjam11 said:

Superb, is that fpn in the O3 channel?

Thank you!

No, that is some sort of Moiré pattern resulted after aligning the OIII channel quickly with PixInsight.

Archived