Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would my HoTech SCA Field Flattener work with WO ZenithStar 61 & 73

Hi,

I am looking at the William Optics ZenithStar 61 or 73 for a decent portable scope for mainly imaging with.

I already have the HoTech SCA Field Flattener for my ed80 that is supposed to be suitable for scopes at f5 - f8 and was wondering if I can save myself some money on the wo field flattner.

I use Canon 600d for imaging.

Any help,  thoughts and advise much appreciated

I'd have thought the HoTech would be fine. I find the WO flattener on the ZS-61 a bit awkward as it's screws onto the focuser (the 2" adaptor is removed). It incorporates a camera rotator which adds a bit of tilt on mine unless you're careful on tightening up all the grub screws. Also my WO flattener caused a lot of tilt as one side was 0.3mm longer than the other. A manufacturing fault which I assume was a one off. The Hotech 2" fixing would have been a lot better in my opinion and much easier to set camera orientation. I swapped the WO flattener on my FLT-98 for the Hotech as it didn't have the 0.8x reducer incorporated and am very happy with it.

Alan

Archived