Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Removing bent alt/Az bolts on an EQ6?

GazOC

Well that was painless enough!! The bolts stuck in there like a good 'un but at least I've got access to it and something of a manageable size to take to the fitting shop in work. Its always work getting on with those guys.... :)

Not got a couple of M10 nuts you can lock together and undo that way?

Arthur

You may as well be taking Swahili Arthur :) , I'm an adjustable spanner, a couple of screwdrivers and a hammer man!!!! The fitters at work are good guys, I'll let them have a look (I'll probably get a new set of bolts out of it that way as well).

Cheers for the advice.

I managed to sort it out (feeling pretty happy with myself!! :) ), the bolt had even cut a grove into the cast metal stopper and I had to put a couple of nuts on it to make it catch properly.

Lesson learnt....take the scope off to adjust the polar alignment !!!! :):D

Have you bought a set of the toughies to go back in there Gaz. I think there ought to be a sticker put on the mount at the point of sale. Please replace these butter Altitude Adjusters prior to use. I still have the originals I removed from mine. Would you like them? :laughing2:

Ron.

That would be very kind Ron, I've got some new ones on order but theres no sign yet and I was going to have to straighten out the old one until then.

yep, they are one of those things that could do with replacing "out of the box".

Archived