AIP4WIN IMAGE PROCESSING

Taff

I bought this many years ago when I first started astro' imaging.

Mine is marked 3rd printing 2009, don't know if it's been updated recently.

It has lots of technical explanations if you want a deeper understanding of the processes involved, not really a quick read but a good reference book and a nice thing to have if you can afford it.

I tried the software briefly but didn't get on with it and bought Maxim DL, this revealed that Maxim couldn't open the AIP files and the AIP Fits headers contained very little information.

A better book for just acquiring good advice on the basics of astro' imaging is Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count"

Dave

Hi Dave' Thanks for your reply all i use is Deep Sky Stacker and Adobe Photoshop CS6  with my captures'. I am looking for some thing better to work on my captures'.I know it can be expensive for the book and the CD which come together i have been looking for some thing for Christmas.I all ready got Steve's Book.Mark

On 23/11/2018 at 15:28, Taff said:

i use is Deep Sky Stacker and Adobe Photoshop CS6  with my captures'.

Then maybe you should have a look at "Dark Art or Magic Bullet", by the same Steve Richards

Archived