Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

17 hours ago, mapstar said:

Be good to see you again at the event Derren 😁

Thanks Damian,  I'm bringing some emergency supplies 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃.

Oh, and a green scrubby pad 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Physopto said:

Thanks Damian,  I'm bringing some emergency supplies 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃.

Oh, and a green scrubby pad 🤔

Great job Derren!

• Haha 1

Looks like I may need to geta Deed Poll Certificate again!

😂

Hello Guys

Is there anyone out there starting to feel excited and getting the urge to sort out what astronomy gear they are bringing along to The Great Galloway Star Party as yet?  We can guess that some liquid refreshments have already being purchased for this event.  I have just mentioned to Christina that we need to bring some homemade cakes with us and just making a list of what type of cakes we should bring.

MIKE:  Don't worry we know you like lemon drizzle cake so we will make sure we will bring one of those mate!  I am sure that I have read somewhere that there is a buffet' being laid on by courtesy of Lesley and Ralph on the Saturday night.  How about everyone baking a cake to bring along this time as well as the various malts,  just an idea folk.  Christina is out in the kitchen as I type sorting out some cake tins by the sound of the clattering coming from within there...

We are very much looking forward to meeting up with you folk again and having a good chat and partaking in various amounts of discussions and of course plenty of banter..

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - IOM

• Like 3

Hi Hadyn,

Yes, I am looking forward to the SP and meeting up with everyone. I have started getting various bit and bobs sorted out. Should be a good do all round, just need the weather to play ball 🙄

If I cooked a cake it would be the cause of my suspension failure. 

As Mike knows I have been working on a new control system for my gear as no caravan now. Just hope it all works as expected on the day, does not leak etc, oh 🌚 meant night of course! 🤔

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, hadyn42 said:

How about everyone baking a cake to bring along this time as well as the various malts,  just an idea folk. 

My skills in the kitchen are limited (I'm sure Ian will comment!!!) Will have to call mother and bring up some of her Parkin 

8 hours ago, Physopto said:

As Mike knows I have been working on a new control system for my gear as no caravan now. Just hope it all works as expected on the day, does not leak etc, oh 🌚 meant night of course! 🤔

I thought you'd got the motorised mini pie shooter working Derren? Don't try to tell us all you're going to try doing astro photography with it? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hadyn42 said:

Hello Guys

Is there anyone out there starting to feel excited and getting the urge to sort out what astronomy gear they are bringing along to The Great Galloway Star Party as yet?  We can guess that some liquid refreshments have already being purchased for this event. 

Less than two weeks till I set off. Really looking forward to it and catching up with everyone.

If the weather looks good I will be up there from probably the 25th as the moon is well into the early hours before it rises. 

Just need a few more bits then I'm set. Will have a chat with Mike before this weeks out. 

40 minutes ago, mapstar said:

My skills in the kitchen are limited 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🤣

I thought you'd got the motorised mini pie shooter working Derren? Don't try to tell us all you're going to try doing astro photography with it? 🔭🥃🔭🥃🔭🥃🔭🥃🔭🥃 Goes summit like that 😇

• Haha 1

Derren, I didn’t know you did astro photography. You kept that very quiet. Look forward to seeing some of your images 😇

Edited by Uplooker
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Derren, I didn’t know you did astro photography. You kept that very quiet. Look forward to seeing some of your images 😇

For you, no !'j#{* chance. 🤔😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well boy-os, less tha 2weeks to go. 

It will be good fun to meet up with everyone again.

Pie addicts as well I suppose.🤔

So we can expect P.E.A. to reign supreme and have to arrange a circle of chairs and listen to all that drivel about their childhood problems, being force fed pies by their parents I expect!

Ah, well, if we can't help those afflicted poor souls........ 🤣

Never mind the rest of us can blot it all out with a dram or several. 🥃🥃🥃🥃 I think Mike was feeling sorry for the addicts and may bring a placebo pie or two. (Maybe stop the uncontrolled screaming during their withdrawal ).

Oh the fun we will have. 😈

9 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

I think you have to much time on yer hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😱

Mike

Well time is relative ya know. 🤔

32 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

I think I will kill two birds with one Guinness Cake.....

Adrian

32 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

I think I will kill two birds with one Guinness Cake.....

Adrian

Hello Adrian

You have mentioned about your Guinness Cake to us when you were here last year! Are we going to get a taste, it could be classed a a whisky chaser!

Looking forward meeting up old pal, Christina has been briefed on what cakes to bring along this year too.

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn

• Like 1

Hi All, just a reminder to anyone coming to  Galloway make sure you have booked as the site is filling up,i know it`s easy done to think you have booked,just a quick call to Lesley will fix it.

Looking forward to catching upwith everyone, have just ordered clear skies 😁,so fingers crossed.

Regards

Mike

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi All, just a reminder to anyone coming to  Galloway make sure you have booked as the site is filling up,i know it`s easy done to think you have booked,just a quick call to Lesley will fix it.

Looking forward to catching upwith everyone, have just ordered clear skies 😁,so fingers crossed.

Regards

Mike

Might be interesting to do a head count by just adding your name to this thread, at the last count we had 17 coming From Astronomy Scotland Facebook group. So I'll start by adding my name and number, just add a name and whoever is next add number 2, then 3 and so on. 

David - going 1

23 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Me too 2

See

26 minutes ago, wackyscot said:

Might be interesting to do a head count by just adding your name to this thread, at the last count we had 17 coming From Astronomy Scotland Facebook group. So I'll start by adding my name and number, just add a name and whoever is next add number 2, then 3 and so on. 

David - going 1

• Haha 1

When are you and Dawn getting there?

2 minutes ago, jamie56 said:

See

6 hours ago, wackyscot said:

David - going 1

Ian - 07765 661233. Oh, when you said add your name and number I thought it was a dating website 🥰

• Haha 1

Hey David better watch out for Ian 😂

Being serious though good idea of yours as Mike said about 19 registered with Lesley and David said 17 were through his Astro friends. I booked with Lesley nearly 9/10 months ago and Mike well before that.