Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Canp 2019

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CrazyComet said:

Hi,

Just booked up for this event. Looking forward to it as I have heard a lot of stories (nice ones!!) about this event. 

Excellent job. Still time to get in for the Spring event, it’s on in 2 weeks ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2019 at 00:15, kenny k said:

Gutted I missed this year's spring camp but i've still kept me eye in?IMG-20190307-WA0000.thumb.jpg.b490779a4f07f5683ae42de6d3e9f3fa.jpg

Professor Kenny :tongue2:

Did you try to link the AP stuff to the big screen behind with what it says on there? 

Edited by mapstar
  • Haha 1

It's a long way off but I'm looking forward to this. 

Hopefully the autumn weather will be kind to us and we will be able to make the 10th anniversary event something to remember for the astronomy instead of the stormy weather. 

Very little astro darkness left for this spring but hopefully I will be able to get out before it disappears for the summer.

I will be packing the scope away in may until at least the back end of August. I'll then make a start on what may be my last winter of adding any sizable contribution to this forum. 

I wish everyone well and hope to read and catch up on your astro exploits until we all finally meet up again. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 13/03/2019 at 15:54, jamie56 said:

Kids teaching ya m8 ,??

Yes Jamie I'm learning all the time as a parent...but 15 of the blighters can put you off your stride...can't wait to do it again.

See you in Autumn,say hi to Dawn also.?

• Like 3

I really want to make it this autumn, especially as its the 10th anniversary.

But I've got issues lately with not being able to get time off work during half term periods which is why I haven't made the last couple of trips.

So I'm toying with the idea of arriving on the 21st and staying the week before. I'll be billy no mates and have to go home before the main event ? but at least I'll have made the trip!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mr Flibble said:

I really want to make it this autumn, especially as its the 10th anniversary.

But I've got issues lately with not being able to get time off work during half term periods which is why I haven't made the last couple of trips.

So I'm toying with the idea of arriving on the 21st and staying the week before. I'll be billy no mates and have to go home before the main event ? but at least I'll have made the trip!

Dai I'm thinking of going up before the event on the run up to the new moon so may be there the same time. Probably 24th on? Tbc 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mapstar said:

Dai I'm thinking of going up before the event on the run up to the new moon so may be there the same time. Probably 24th on? Tbc 

Booked up with Lesley for the Saturday the 26th onwards in one of her vans. ???

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mapstar said:

Cool. That means I'll only have to have conversations with myself for three days until company arrives ?

Hope you're keeping well ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/03/2019 at 00:49, kenny k said:

Yes Jamie I'm learning all the time as a parent...but 15 of the blighters can put you off your stride...can't wait to do it again.

See you in Autumn,say hi to Dawn also.?

Hi M8

Will do Dawn says hi too

On 22/03/2019 at 22:17, Mr Flibble said:

Cool. That means I'll only have to have conversations with myself for three days until company arrives ?

Hope you're keeping well ?

I never have much luck speaking to you for any length of time as you generally leave or are getting ready to leave, just as I arrive.

However, I am sure you appreciate the opportunity to enjoy dark skies somewhat more than having to listen my nonsense ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

HI Dai and Ian,

I have booked in for Saturday 26 October to Monday 4 November and on Pitch 19.

So, if you two thought that you would have a quiet chat with beer, tough.......

I look forward to the event..... 10 years of perfection with a great crowd....

I spoke to Lesley this morning and she is having a busy Easter with tons of campers appearing at the campsite in brilliant Scottish sunshine.

Trust you two are in the best of health.

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 1