Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Canp 2019

Hello All,  i am pleased to announce the tenth anniversary Galloway Autumn 2019 Star Camp, it runs from Wednesday 30th October 2019---------Monday 4th November 2019.

Location is the award wining  http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/

Longer stays are available.

Our location for the past nine years and the hard work done by the  owners Lesley and Ralph Shell has enabled us to run the Premier Star Camp in Scotland successfully building a reputation as a friendly inclusive  destination with terrific skies and a very well equipped campsite, a perfect combination !!!!!!!!!

We will be putting on some events,with a food extravaganza for the Saturday evening,more details to follow.

The bookings as usual will be handled direct with Lesley at the campsite.

Bookings are open as of 9.00am 23rd November 2018.( tomorrow ).

I look forward to meeting everyone,seasoned regulars and newcomers all.

Will post when more details become available.

Clear skies and regards,

Mike.

As usual any mistakes are my own.

• Like 5

Hi Mike

I as usual plan to attend........ ( I suspect Lesley has my name already pencilled in )

It should be a great event with the getting older regulars and the new star party starters..... given the dark clear skies and the craic it is hard to see why not....

All the best

Adrian

• Like 3

6 hours ago, estwing said:

I'll probably give this ago as long as the free samples of whisky go down well in the spring gathering....

I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms Calv bringing that much Whisky for everyone :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 23/11/2018 at 16:08, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Mike

I as usual plan to attend........ ( I suspect Lesley has my name already pencilled in )

It should be a great event with the getting older regulars and the new star party starters..... given the dark clear skies and the craic it is hard to see why not....

All the best

Adrian

well, I certainly fit in the 'older' category, but will be a 1st timer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've yet to get myself to this camp site, past dates not really been favourable but there is a possible chance for 2019,

i know this camp site is supposed to be a little remote, just thinking(could be dangerous) aloud,
the dates for this camp fall over what i would have thought would be Bonfire weekend? which would mean lots of bright explosive things going off in the sky as well as smoke from bonfires, would this not be some what of an issue or does that sort of thing not affect the camp site because of where it is situated?

if I'm being daft just tell me to shut up ?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, JemC said:

I've yet to get myself to this camp site, past dates not really been favourable but there is a possible chance for 2019,

i know this camp site is supposed to be a little remote, just thinking(could be dangerous) aloud,
the dates for this camp fall over what i would have thought would be Bonfire weekend? which would mean lots of bright explosive things going off in the sky as well as smoke from bonfires, would this not be some what of an issue or does that sort of thing not affect the camp site because of where it is situated?

if I'm being daft just tell me to shut up ?

Dangerous? I've been to nearly a dozen star camps and never thought it an issue as it's not like wild camping? Only danger is forgetting your torch as it's as dark as pitch during the star party. 

A lot will be there from the weekend before so quite a window to attend and meet like minded folks.

Wouldn't think there will be any bonfires or fireworks for at least 10miles in  any direction but doubt there will be any at all. 

On 27/11/2018 at 09:31, mapstar said:

Good to see this up Mike :grin:

I think I will be booking for the new moon w/e friday 25th and maybe stop for the week. 

I'm still looking at attending around the above might be monday the 28th to the following monday 4th nov so I catch everyone. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Dangerous? I've been to nearly a dozen star camps and never thought it an issue as it's not like wild camping?

I meant me thinking could be dangerous ? not the camping aspect,

• Like 1

I think people have misunderstood what i was asking? ?

i didn't mean that the star party would be dangerous, i meant that me thinking could be dangerous...

what i was asking really was would the star party be hindered by smoke and fireworks as it is so close to bonfire night or is it remote enough for this not to be an issue?

Hi Jem, you will not have any problems, the sky is huge and in past years any random fireworks have been miles away and do not last for any length of time, looking forward to meeting you if you can make it,you will not be dissapointed,

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2018 at 20:49, Uplooker said:

Just checked, I’m freeeeee.?

Will there be any pies?

Daft question ????

I expect there will be the usual panic to hide them from Damian though until the Saturday night!

As it is the tenth year Mike was saying we should do something. Extra special on the Saturday night, maybe a  nice bonfire ? with a few sparklers. 

?

Edited by Physopto
Fun

15 hours ago, Physopto said:

Daft question ????

I expect there will be the usual panic to hide them from Damian though until the Saturday night!

As it is the tenth year Mike was saying we should do something. Extra special on the Saturday night, maybe a  nice bonfire ? with a few sparklers. 

?

How about some clear skies with a few nice stars??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1