Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Setting up dual scopes

Hi All,

Have just installed a dual mount bar on my HEQ5 Pro, does it make a difference what side i mount the main imaging scope & guide scope, will it effect the guiding? or does't it really matter what side each scope is mounted on?

My scopes are SW80ED for imaging & WO66 for guiding, mounted on a ambermile dual mount bar.

Clear Skies

Brett

I don't think it matters but if anyone has other thoughts I'd like to know too.

It is important to balance the two scopes plus cameras by attaching the side by side bar a little off centre, but you probably know that already.

Mike

I don't think it matters at all but I normally put my imaging scope on the right hand side of the bar. Partly out of habit but also because the finders tend to be on that side too so it makes it easier when you're doing the goto alignment.

Tony..

Hi - interesting thread - I've been thinking of doing this, but for visual work - dual mounting a SW MAKCASS 150mm and either a SW ST120 or SW Equinox 80ED. The idea being going wide with the refractors, then getting higher mag with the MAK on suitable objects like double stars. I'm using a CG-5 manual mount. Any thoughts? Ed